Friday, March 14, 2008

The Passion on BBC1

Well, there's been a lot of (mainly positive) noise about this - a new telling of the Passion Week story. Best of all, it's on prime time BBC1!! And, from the trailers, it looks quite interesting: full of life and chaos (which I bet Jerusalem was), hopefully adding something different to the telling of the story. The idea of telling it from three different viewpoints looks interesting: we (quite naturally) tend to see it purely from Jesus' viewpoint and I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that - but it would be interesting to see how the people behind this think the religious authorities and Pilate saw what was going on.

If I was writing this a bit later in the day I might be able to comment more coherently, but as you can tell, I'm looking forward to it. Just wish the digital video recorder I got for my birthday was working...

No comments: