Saturday, February 21, 2004

The Daily Mail does it again...

Hey, look (a little late I know)! We're going to impose controls (possibly) on migrants from the 10 EU accession states, or so Blair has decided. Now, I've probably forgotten all I learnt about the EU during my student days (it was 3 years ago), but I didn't think they were allowed to do that. I thought that, as EU citizens (which they will be), they had the right to travel and to move and to work within the EU just as, say, I would have the right to travel to, say, Spain and live and work there without needing a workpermit. So why do these people need permits? It couldn't be, surely not, that the right-wing press is kicking up a fuss??

No, perish the thought...

Incidentally, as you may know, I work for Work Permits (UK). So guess which department's going to have to deal with them...

No comments: